What we place value on - or believe in - drives what we do. These are the core principles that guide the work and ministry of The Legacy Institute. We believe that:
- God is a loving and relational communion of persons, who chose to create men and women in His image as life-giving, sexual beings.
- Men and women are equally valuable but intentionally different. They are designed, male and female, to reflect unique aspects of God’s character and nature.
- Our sexuality is more than just a physical act and our sexuality is defined by more than our physical sexual preferences. We are designed to be whole people – physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually – and we are to express our sexuality through all five aspects.
- Marriage is a sacred relationship between a man and woman and is the fundamental building block of all successful societies.
- The one flesh union is an intimate expression between a husband and wife, and is best experienced in its fullness, beauty, authenticity and power in marriage.
- Children are a blessing and a gift from God. They are a natural outworking of a life-giving marriage, whether through childbirth or adoption.
- God is the author and sustainer of all life. Therefore, all life, from conception to natural death – is sacred and should be honored and protected.
- Teaching sexual integrity is an adult responsibility, first of parents, then of other influential adults through the support of the church and other organizations.
- Parents that model and teach sexual integrity are more likely to leave a positive legacy of relational wholeness to future generations.
- Complete wholeness cannot occur without the saving work of Jesus Christ, and the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit within the individual.